South Australian teachers have called off further industrial action after a breakthrough in pay negotiations with the state government.
Earlier this month, Australian Education Union members walked off the job after being offered what they described as a "insulting" three per cent pay rise.
The offer was bumped up to more than $1.3 billion on Monday but no further details have been released about the proposal or breakdown of the funds.
Education Minister Blair Boyer said negotiations with the union have been very positive.
"This offer does reward our incredible school and preschool staff with the improved conditions they deserve," Mr Boyer said.
More than 300 schools were closed or had modified programs earlier in September when educators marched on state parliament demanding better pay and conditions.
Further industrial action was set to take place on Friday but has now been cancelled.
The union's president Andrew Gohl told ABC Radio negotiations were ongoing.
"We are closer than we than we were a few weeks ago so we'll continue having those discussions," he said.
"There's some things there which are positive and there's some things that which needs some more work."
As well as a larger pay rise, the union had been demanding the government ease workplace pressures by cutting the amount of time teachers instruct students by 20 per cent.
Australian Associated Press