As registrations open for summer sports, NSW parents are being reminded the government will help pick up the tab for their kids' sports fees.
The Active Kids vouchers are available for parents of school children, with two $100 vouchers available per child twice a year.
The vouchers, available through Service NSW, can be used at more than 11,000 sporting organisations.
Sport Minister Alister Henskens says getting kids active is important.
"Signing your child up for sports allows for them to make new friends, learn important skills and stay healthy," he said on Tuesday.
"Whether it's tennis, dance, cricket or nippers ... now is the perfect time to download your voucher and register your child in their favourite sport or active recreation activity."
Cricket NSW CEO Lee Germon says the vouchers are good for families and good for the game.
"Anything we can do to provide greater access to the game is a positive, particularly in that five to 12 year old age group that we are focused on," he said.
Data released by the government shows the vouchers have proven popular in western Sydney, which will be the main battleground of the March state election.
The top four postcodes for redemption are in western Sydney, and make up six out of the ten most-redeemed areas.
More than 290,000 vouchers have been redeemed across the six western Sydney postcodes.
The 2155 postcode, taking in Beaumont Hills, Kellyville and Rouse Hill in northwest Sydney topped the list with 65,154 redemptions.
Other popular postcodes for redemptions were on the Central Coast, while Wagga Wagga was the only inland region to make the top 10.
TOP 10 POSTCODES FOR NSW ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHER REDEMPTIONS
* 2155 - Beaumont Hills, Kellyville, Rouse Hill - 65,154
* 2153 - Baulkham Hills, Bella Vista, Norwest, Winston Hills - 48,940
* 2145 - Pendle Hill, Greystanes, Westmead - 48,142
* 2170 - Liverpool, Casula, Moorebank, Warwick Farm - 48,205
* 2250 - Gosford, West Gosford, Erina, Kariong, Wyoming - 42,992
* 2259 - Wyong, Tuggerah, Hamlyn Terrace - 41,697
* 2570 - Camden, Oran Park, Elderslie, Spring Farm, Camden South - 40,864
* 2560 - Campbelltown, Leumeah, Bradbury, Airds - 40,347
* 2650 - Wagga Wagga, Estella, Ashmont, Kooringal - 39,296
* 2261 - The Entrance, Bateau Bay, Tumbi Umbi, Chittaway Bay - 34,791
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.