MINOR flooding is forecast for the Wollombi Brook area, impacting on the towns of Broke, Bulga, Laguna, Millfield, Wollombi, Brickmans Bridge, Ellalong and Paxton.
The NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) issued the warning for residents in those regions on Tuesday morning (July 28).
NSW SES incident controller Peter Green said heavy rainfall had been recorded over the catchment since Sunday.
"This rain is likely to cause minor flooding along the Wollombi Brook at Bulga," he explained.
"It's currently at 2.86 metres and rising.
"The Wollombi Brook, at Bulga, is predicted to reach about 3 metres around 10am on Tuesday.
"However, the Wollombi Brook at Wollombi is expected to remain below the minor flood level.
"People in low-lying areas likely to be impacted by flooding should prepare for potential isolation and possible evacuation."
According to the NSW SES, residents must also consider:
- Refraining from driving or walking through flood water
- Road closures and flood isolation may impact on work, family and educational commitments
- Monitoring emergency warnings and severe weather updates on NSW SES Hunter Facebook Page and Bureau of Meteorology website
- If your property is at risk of inundation, please raise moveable items, such as furniture, as high as possible onto benches or tables, placing electrical items on top
- If you are advised by an emergency services officer to evacuate, please do so
- Securing outside belongings and before leaving; turn off the power, water and take essential medicines and clothes with you
- Farmers should move machinery, livestock, pumps and fodder to flood free ground
For emergency help in floods and storms, phone the NSW State Emergency Service on 132 500.
In life threatening situations, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.