TWO people were lucky to escape uninjured following a house fire in the Hunter Valley on Thursday evening.
About 5.20pm, emergency services were called to Gillards Road, Pokolbin.
Fire and Rescue NSW and NSW Rural Fire Service crews attended and found the home to be entirely engulfed.
The fire was controlled - and they continued to extinguish it completely.
Officers from Hunter Valley Police District were also in attendance and established a crime scene.
The occupants of the home included a 68-year-old man and a 69-year-old woman.
The premises and its contents appear to be completely destroyed and the structure has been deemed unstable.
Investigations continue, however it is believed the fire started in a circuit board in the laundry and it is not being treated as suspicious.