A MEMBER of the Nomads outlaw motorcycle gang (OMCG) was refused bail to appear at Muswellbrook Local Court on Friday following an operation in the Hunter this week.
Strike Force Raptor North charged the man after several weapons were seized from a home in Wollemi Peak Road, Bulga, on Thursday.
As part of ongoing targeting of the illicit activities of OMCGs, the Criminal Groups Squad's Strike Force Raptor North conducted a Firearms Prohibition Order (FPO) and a search warrant at the home.
Investigators located a firearm silencer, three loaded rifles, two shortened shotguns, a loaded large capacity .22 magazine, a laser pointer, ammunition, mobile phones, a motorcycle suspected to have been stolen, a diamond python, and prohibited drugs.
These items were seized to undergo forensic examination, while wildlife handlers took possession of the snake.
A 31-year-old man was arrested at the property and taken to Singleton Police Station, where he was charged with 28 offences, including:
* Possess shortened firearm (x4),
* Possess/use a prohibited weapon without permit (x4),
* Acquire prohibited firearm subject to prohibition order (x5),
* Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority (x5),
* Acquire ammunition subject to prohibition order (x5),
* Not keep firearm safely - prohibited firearm,
* Use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition order (x2),
* Possess unregistered firearm - prohibited firearm, and
* Possess prescribed restricted substance.
Investigations are continuing.
Strike Force Raptor was established in 2009 and conducts proactive investigations and intelligence-based, high-impact policing operations to prevent and disrupt conflicts, and dismantle any network engaged in serious organised criminal activity.
Anyone with information, including relevant photos and videos, that may assist them can report it directly to investigators via the Strike Force Raptor online reporting page: https://www1.police.nsw.gov.au/Default.aspx?id=49 or phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Information provided to investigators will be treated in the strictest of confidence.