Life at Nine.
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, Nine Radio, digital properties such as nine.com.au [link removed], 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and Drive.
Nine is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create an inclusive and diverse workplace that encourages everyone to bring their own unique capabilities, experiences and characteristics to work.
We are committed to working in partnership with and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Your new opportunity at Nine.
Our News department is looking for a Unit Finance Manager to faciliate the day to day runnings of the News teams across Nine, including people and finance management.
Day to day, you will be responsible for?
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the month-end journal, interdepartmental recovery journals and accrual requirements, including variance analysis and future requirements of the Newsroom
- Liaise with Nine's LA and London bureaus and support with employee secondment contracts
- Manager Newsroom accounts and budget allowances
- Day to day invoice and expense requirements (Palette / Serko)
- Weekly timesheet approvals
- Provide the People & Culture team with supporting documents to manage the employee lifecycle for News (recruitment, contract renewals, exits).
Enough about us, lets talk about you!
In order to be successful for the role, you ideally:
- Can ensure accuracy and demonstrate a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate a positive and professional communication style
- Enjoy and can work effectively in a team environment
- Have the ability to make recommendations to achieve desired business objectives
- You are self-motived and can work under pressure to tight deadlines
What you’ll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you'll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.