Your new company
This government department is dedicated to providing Queensland with the best resources to contribute to economic and social development.
Your new role
As the Principal Project Officer, you will lead the development, implementation and monitoring of related projects, initiatives and services with a focus on quality, proactivity and customer support. You will also be required to provide accurate and strategic advice on issues relating to the various project, initiatives and services being delivered.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in strategic project planning, implementation and review activities.
- Lead, participate and input into ongoing research and analysis of contemporary issues related to Governance and Quality projects and priorities.
- Manage and input into the development and implementation of policy documents, briefing materials, correspondence, submissions, papers, reports and other learning support resources.
- Engage, consult and collaborate with other work units within the department, other government departments and agencies, and relevant professional associations and networks.
- Develop strategies in partnership with key stakeholders, business areas and providers to ensure the delivery and monitoring of agreed outcomes.
- Provide high level and accurate advice to the Manager, Director, Executive Director and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Manager and broader L&PD team to ensure alignment across the streams of work, coordination of stakeholder engagement, communication and customer support activities, and timely escalation of risks and issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- demonstrated capability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and formulate succinct project and initiative plans
- demonstrated capability to design and facilitate face-to-face / virtual group processes and learning events
- demonstrated capability to prepare submissions, briefs, reports and correspondence
- working knowledge, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the education sector and challenges currently impacting the department’s workforce
- ability to provide contextual leadership, direction and advice within the team environment
- excellent problem solving and issue resolution skills
- excellent interpersonal, consultation and other communication skills
- positive and proactive attitude
What you need to do now
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Should you wish to have a confidential conversation or find out about other opportunities in the Public Sector please contact us on 07 3243 3022 or email Caitlin.Harris@hays.com.au.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
LHS 297508 #2586438