Your new company
Your new organisation is one of Victoria's public sector departments. They are seeking a temporary Executive Assistant to support their range of operational functions. The Executive Assistant will assist with providing high-level executive support to the Executive Director, including high quality executive and administrative support, management of services for office support, and application of administrative policies, procedures and protocols.
Your new role
In your new role, you will be:
- Using appropriate purchasing processes that reflect the complexity of the procurement
in accordance with departmental policy
- Entering purchase requisitions into Ariba and processing invoices
- Directing and monitoring correspondence as required
- Manage reception and provide phone support, answering queries as appropriate
- Monitor staff security access systems and procedures
- Organise couriers
- Prepare timely replies to correspondences
- Arrange office meetings such as booking and preparing venues, agendas, catering,
- Coordinate travel arrangements for meeting and event attendees
- Prepare material and documents for meetings and events
- Assist in the development and review of manuals and procedures
- Explain rules, procedures and operational policies
- Modify, implement and effectively maintain administrative, filing and information
- Review and monitor efficiency and effectiveness of administration work practices and
- Compile and maintain updated information systems and written records e.g. Registers and databases
- Gather and record data and keep accurate records as required
- Update the department’s corporate information systems e.g. records management system, fleet system
What you'll need to succeed
- Procurement Knowledge - Demonstrated experience working within procurement
policies and procedures that align to principles of accountability, scalability, probity and value for money
- Assists others with problem-solving on word processing and related applications
- Uses a wide range of software application features for word processing, spreadsheets,
- Develops and implements systems and procedures to guide work and track progress
- Identifies more and less critical activities and operates accordingly, reviewing and
- adjusting as required
- Identifies processes, tasks and resources required to achieve a goal
- Recognises barriers and finds effective ways to deal with them
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to seek information and liaise with team members when problem-solving.
What you'll get in return
You will receive on the job training from a friendly and knowledgeable team. Alongside an attractive salary and convenient location in Melbourne’s CBD.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Joel Massey now at (03) 9604 9664. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Joel Massey through firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2652745