Early Childhood Teacher
Goodstart Kurri Kurri
Full-time (38 hours per week)
We are looking for an energised Early Childhood Teacher to join the educative team at Goodstart Kurri Kurri. As the Teacher you will deliver high quality and inclusive learning programs using contemporary teaching theories, strategies and styles, knowledge of child development and alignment to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standard (NQS).
About our Centre
- Goodstart Kurri Kurri is an 76 place centre and educates and cares for children between six weeks and six years old across five indoor learning spaces
- Kuri Kuri is in the Hunter region close to all the local wineries
- This centre is a stone’s throw away from Kurri Kurri Public School and is within walking distance from the local shops, library and park.
- Our Centre hours are 7:00am - 6:00pm
- This centre will consider a Educator that is working towards there ECT qualification (Has to be above 50% complete)
- Supportive and friendly working environment
Role Overview/ Responsibilities
- This role is based in the Pre-School room
- Lead and model the selection and implementation of effective pedagogical approaches to support children’s learning and development outcomes.
- Design and implement engaging learning programs using knowledge of content, curriculum, children’s needs, assessment and reporting requirements.
- Champion positive and meaningful relationships with children.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan, evaluate and enhance learning outcomes for children.
- Develop engaging and inclusive learning environments that reflect the strengths, interests and needs of all children.
- Develop, select and use a range of informal, formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess children’s learning and maintain high quality pedagogical documentation.
- Establish and maintain respectful collaborative partnerships with families to assess and support children’s learning and wellbeing.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members.
- Contribute to a professional and positive work culture
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (state applicable)
- Regular non-contact programming time
- Competitive above award wages
- Additional leave – option to purchase for a greater work/life balance
- Professional pedagogical and operational centre support teams to assist in providing high quality educational programs
- Broad range of professional learning opportunities on offer
- Well-resourced classrooms
- Discounted child care fees
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you!