At Metcash, we’re the power behind an independent Australia. For almost 100 years we’ve been proudly supporting local, family-owned businesses – sticking up for the little guys and helping them become the best stores in town. Today we’re Australia and New Zealand’s leading independent retail partner and wholesaler in the food, liquor and hardware sectors. And while we may be large, we’ll always be locals at heart
Metcash is looking for two driven Commercial Trading Partners / Commercial Analysts to support the Head of National Commercial and Commercial Trading Managers by providing commercial insight and decision support across the Trading teams.
You will be focused on Trading performance and will measure the achievement of KPIs, call out financial opportunities, risks and provide supporting information and analysis to enable fact-based actions for the trading teams.
What you’ll do
- Support Head of National Commercial and Commercial Trading Managers on managing the commercial affairs across the Trading teams
- Ensure relevant information is provided to facilitate supplier negotiations– JBPs, Cogs negotiation
- Partner States/Channel and Trading teams with the preparation of Budgets, forecasts and KPIs.
- Compile trend analysis and KPI variance assessments and commentary across Channels and Trading departments:
- Retail and Wholesale Sales performance.
- Category/channel Income performance(In lieu, deferred and state)
- Inventory optimisation.
- Private Label Performance over time
- Prepare supplier performance assessments.
- Private label/GM/commercial support where applicable.
- When required, partner Trading terms department to audit/back claim missing income.
- Support decision pricing support and investment..
What you’ll bring
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills that build partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain healthy relationships across Food.
- Accounting degree or similar.
- Strong financial modelling and system skills.
- Broad understanding of category management principles and process including pricing.
- A solid understanding of the profit drivers and processes across the business
What we can offer you
- An extra week of annual leave each year after 12 months of service
- Training and Development
- We’re BIG on flexible working
Today we’re Australia and New Zealand’s leading independent retail partner and wholesaler in the food, liquor and hardware sectors. And while we may be large, we’ll always be locals at heart.
Make your Mark!
Metcash is the power behind Australia’s most successful independent retail brands